10 benefits to join CIMAM
1) Be part of the only global modern and contemporary art museum network representing the interests of the profession.
2) Receive an e-card with free admission to over 200 modern and contemporary art museums, collections, and biennials worldwide.
3) Rights to vote to constitute the Board, at the General Assembly, and at other programs and activities.
4) Take part in CIMAM’s Outstanding Museum Practice Award nomination process.
5) Discounts to attend CIMAM’s Annual Conference and specific books and programs.
6) Connect with over 700 contemporary art museum professionals worldwide at CIMAM’s membership directory.
7) Free access to Rapid Response Webinars: short capsules on urgent concerns for the profession throughout the year.
8) Post and search available job opportunities for curators, directors, and museum professionals of contemporary art.
9) Receive CIMAM’s advocacy Museum Watch Alerts and Newsletters.
10) Access and participate in the best practice guidelines on museum practice, sustainability, and managing controversial content.
In sum, by joining CIMAM, you will become part of the only international community of modern and contemporary art curators and museum directors providing you:
(1) INTERNATIONAL NETWORKING
Be part of the CIMAM community and generate new contacts:
Joining the world's most recognized community of modern and contemporary art museum professionals will allow your institution to expand its international contacts and work within the framework of the best museum practices recognized by the international community. Let's embrace these values together!
(2) INTERNATIONAL VISIBILITY
Your example, your experiences, and your opinion matters to us:
We are more than 700 directors and curators working in museums, collections, and modern and contemporary art archives. Our projects and initiatives aim to generate debate to foster cooperation between art institutions and individuals in different contexts worldwide. This is the best way we can contribute to the growth of the sector. Will you join our mission?
(3) INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT
Supported by key industry thought leaders and respected programs throughout the international community:
CIMAM Board Members develop practical and strategic programs to advocate for and address some of the most pressing challenges facing our professional community. These include the Sustainability and Ecology in Museum Practice Program, the Museum Watch Program, the Travel Grant Program, and the Annual Conference. As a CIMAM member, you can vote, participate in the programs, browse and post jobs, share your opinions and articles, and receive support from the international community CIMAM represents.
(4) CONTINUOUS LEARNING, GROWING, AND INSPIRING TOGETHER
Always being connected:
By connecting all professionals in virtual platforms to share experiences, exchange opinions, and generate debates on the most relevant issues of interest, CIMAM can offer a range of international best examples that will serve as a frame of reference and support to lead our institutions.