A warm welcome to Manuel Segade to CIMAM!
3 June 2021
"We live a transcendental moment for the history of museum practices: we need to show the importance of our domain, we need to prove how valuable our institutions are for democracy and citizenry, we need to address the ongoing crisis and serve as touchstones of common meaning. I firmly believe in togetherness, a community sense is the only way to do this right. That's the reason I want to become a CIMAM member."
Manuel Segade Lodeiro is the Director of the CA2M Centro de Arte Dos de Mayo in Madrid, Spain.
- Professor and Tutor of École du Magasin (Curatorial Training Program), Grenoble (France) - 2014-2016
- Curator Chief of CGAC Centro Gallego de Arte Contemporáneno, Santiago de Compostela (Spain) - 2008-2013
He has curated the following exhibitions in the past 5 years:
- A series of Collection exhibitions in CA2M: "Textile, Women's Art History, and Performance", 2020.
- "Latin American Art in CA2M and ARCO Foundation Collections", Alcalá 31, Madrid (Spain) - 2018
- "Elements of Vogue. A Case Study on Radical Performance", CA2M, 2017 (with Glenn Ligon, Lorraine O'Grady, Andy Warhol, Adrian Piper, David Hammons, Arthur Jafa, Juliana Huxtable, Rashaad Newsome, Paul Maheke, et al.)
- Curator of the Spanish National Pavillion in 2017 Venice Biennale (artist: Jordi Colomer)
- Cabello / Carceller's retrospective at MUAC, Mexico City, 2017.
- "Allan Kaprow. Confort Zones", CA2M (Madrid, Spain), 2017
Among his latest publications we can find:
- Editor of "Elements of Vogue. A Case Study on Radical Performance", Motto Publications and CA2M, 2020
- Contributing writer to "Michel Journiac", Galerie du Jour, Paris, 2019 (Among Paul Preciado et al.)
- Editor of "Latin American Art in CA2M and ARCO Foundation Collections", Alcalá 31, Madrid (Spain) - 2018
- Author of the book: "Endgame. Chess and the avant-Garde". Miró Foundation, Barcelona -2018
- Contributing writer: "Darío Villalba", Alcalá 31, Madrid, 2018.
CIMAM – International Committee for Museums and Collections of Modern Art – is an Affiliated Organization of ICOM.* Founded in 1962, CIMAM’s vision is a world where the contribution of museums, collections, and archives of modern and contemporary art to the cultural, social, and economic well-being of society is recognized and respected.
Join today, and take part in our network with over 500 contemporary art museum professionals from 66 countries.
Thank you for becoming a member of CIMAM!