22 August is the last day to submit grant applications!
CIMAM is pleased to offer around 40 grants to support the attendance – physical or virtual – of contemporary art museum directors, curators, and independent curators to CIMAM’s 2021 Annual Conference titled Under Pressure. Museums in Times of Xenophobia and Climate Emergency that will be held in Lodz and Gdansk, Poland 5–7 November 2021.
Grants are addressed to modern and contemporary art museum or collection directors and curators, as well as independent curators in need of financial help to attend CIMAM’s Annual Conference. Eligible candidates should reside in any of these countries:
- List of Emerging Market and Developing Economies according to the World Economic Outlook (except for Iran, North Korea, Syria, Crimea, and Cuba).
- Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- South Korea, China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, and Mongolia.
- The African Continent.
Successful candidates will receive:
- Support their curatorial and research development through their attendance at the Annual Conference, where the most current concerns on contemporary art museum practices are being discussed.
- Unique networking opportunities through interaction and exchange with international museum directors and peers.
- International visibility through the publication of their profiles and reports at cimam.org and social media.
- Membership rights to CIMAM for the term they have been awarded.
Successful candidates can choose to attend in person or online:
- For those attending in person: the grant will cover the conference registration fee*, travel expenses, 4-night accommodation (check-in 4 y check-out 8 November 2021) and profile at the Who is Who and full access to the online platform with chat and other interactive functionalities to connect with all conference attendees.
*Conference registration includes access to all conference sessions, lunches, dinners, access to organized visits, and coach service to and from planned visits.
Grants awarded by The Getty Foundation will be exclusively in virtual format.
- For those attending online: the grant covers the registration fee which consists of access to all speaker presentations and Q&A, access to the networking session and both workshops, access to virtual visits to the main exhibitions in Lodz and Gdansk, presence at the Who is Who and full access to the online platform with chat and other interactive functionalities to connect with all conference attendees.
Candidates are invited to complete an online application form and include a CV and short résumé, a motivation statement, and two letters of recommendation by professionals or scholars who are familiar with the candidate's qualifications.
The deadline to apply is 22 August 2021 at 18:00 CEST.
Grant applications are evaluated and conferred by CIMAM’s Travel Grant Committee, composed of members of the CIMAM Board, and the Travel Grant Funder.
Grants are conferred based on the assessment of the candidate’s genuine financial need, the potential benefit to his/her development and/or research, and the relevance of field experience in relation to the objectives of CIMAM.
Applicants should not be involved in any kind of commercial or for-profit activity.
When accepting the grant, each successful candidate is invited to submit an online acceptance form and to agree to the grant’s Terms and Conditions.