To achieve its mission, CIMAM undertakes a number of projects, such as Best Practices Guidelines for art institutions and professional individuals, the Museum Watch Program, Sustainability and Ecology in Museum Practice, the Outstanding Museum Practices Award, the Rapid Response Webinars, and the Travel Grant Program. The key event is the Annual Conference, which gathers members to debate relevant subjects, held annually in different cities worldwide.
CIMAM offers its Program Sponsors a platform for international connection and a global communication channel that gives visibility to their projects and commitments to the world of art and culture.
The fifteen voluntary CIMAM Board members contribute to practical and strategic working groups that look to ensure global participation and perspective, acknowledge visionary practices, and address some of the more urgent challenges facing modern and contemporary museums today.
- Museum Watch Program
- Sustainability and Ecology in Museum Practice
- Rapid Response Webinars
- Annual Conference
- Outstanding Museum Practices Award
- Travel Grant Program
- Membership Program
CIMAM is endlessly grateful for the generous contribution of its Program Sponsors:
- Rapid Response Webinars → Funded by The Getty Foundation.
- Membership Program → Sponsored by MuseumAnywhere.
- Travel Grant Program → Meet CIMAM's Travel Grant Funders.
In 2023, CIMAM's Travel Grant Program received the generous support of:
- The Getty Foundation, Los Angeles
- ArtHaus, Buenos Aires
- Aimée Labarrere de Servitje, Mexico
- Byucksan Cultural Foundation, Seoul
- Eloisa Haudenschild, United States
- Embassy of Brazil, Buenos Aires
- Fernando Zobel de Ayala, Manila
- Mercedes Vilardell, London/Mallorca
- OCA – Office for Contemporary Art Norway, Oslo
- Saastamoinen Foundation, Helsinki
- SAHA – Supporting Contemporary Art from Turkey, Istanbul
- Samdani Art Foundation, Dhaka
In supporting CIMAM, you will become a valuable ally in the fulfillment of its institutional mission. You will contribute to the defense and achievement of the best interpretation and experience of art and culture for society through museums and modern and contemporary art collections.
We look forward to working with new friends as we build for a future of even more extraordinary art and experiences in the museum world.