Transportation in Poland
How to get to Lodz?
If you will be flying to Warsaw (IATA: WAW, ICAO: EPWA) you will arrive at Frederic Chopin International Airport.
How to get from Warsaw Chopin Airport to Warsaw Central Station?
Bus: The following bus lines connect Warsaw Airport to the city center: 175, 188, and N32 (at night).
Taxi: The taxi companies are located outside the Arrivals level, in the first level. Warsaw Airport is located 10 kilometers from Warsaw city center, which means an average travel time of 20 minutes according to traffic conditions. GreenCab (+48) 42 666 44 44, (+48) 664 608 608(for traveling around Lodz or for going to Warsaw)
Train: Train is the best way to reach Warsaw city center. This service connects Warsaw Airport with the city center within just 20 minutes. Lines S2 and S3 offer direct service between Warsaw Chopin Airport and Warsaw Central Station.
How to get from Warsaw Central Station to Łódź?
The train journey time between Warszawa Central and Łódź Fabryczna is around 1h 26m and covers a distance of around 131 km. Operated by PKP Intercity, Polregio and Łódzka Kolej Aglomeracyjna, the Warszawa Central to Łódź Fabryczna train service departs from Warszawa Centralna and arrives in Lodz Fabryczna. Typically 41 trains run weekly, although weekend and holiday schedules can vary so check in advance.
Cost of tickets form Warszawa Zachodnia to Łódź Fabryczna:
- IC train price: 46 zł (first class) to 31 zł (second class), trip takes 1h and 26min.
- Interregio price: 27 zł, the trip takes 1h and 40 min.
Taxi: ekocabtaxi (+48) 22 644 22 22 (for traveling around the city and from Warsaw to Lodz)
Other main airports in Poland
- Gdansk Airport (IATA: GDN, ICAO: EPGD), also known as Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport
Here you will find all the information regarding Gdansk airport transportation.
- Modlin Airport (IATA: WMI, ICAO: EPMO)
Here you will find all the information regarding Modlin, Warsaw's secondary airport.
- Katowice Airport (IATA: KTW, ICAO: EPKT)
- Krakow Airport (IATA: KRK, ICAO: EPKK), also known as John Paul II International Airport (Balice Airport)
- Lodz Airport (IATA: LCJ, ICAO: EPLL), also known as Łódź Władysław Reymont Airport
- Poznań Airport (IATA: POZ, ICAO: EPPO)
- Wrocław Airport (IATA: WRO, ICAO: EPWR)
Lodz can be reached from all airports by train or bus. Find below a list of different transportation services:
- Polish State Railways :
PKP S.A. https://www.pkp.pl/en/
- Train and bus connections: