Webinars' Program 2023
In 2023, CIMAM will offer the following Rapid Response Webinars, two of them, proposed by CIMAM members as a result of the call launched in January 2023:
1) Tuesday 4 April. How do Modern and Contemporary Art Museums Act to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals? A webinar by the CIMAM Sustainability Working Group.
- Caitlin Southwick, Director of Ki Culture, Secretary of ICOM Sustainability Group, and CEO and Founder of Sustainability in Conservation, London, UK.
- Henry McGhie, Founder, Curating Tomorrow, Liverpool, UK.
- Martin Müller, Professor in the Department of Geography and Sustainability, University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Anthony Kiendl, CEO and Director of the Vancouver Art Gallery, Vancouver, Canada.
Moderated by Louisa Buck, Writer and broadcaster on contemporary art, London, United Kingdom.
2) Thursday 27 April. Art & Advanced Technologies (AxAT) in museums programming: an overview of possible paths and possibilities.
- Diane Drubay, Head of Arts & Culture, TZ Connect / Tezos, Berlin.
- Frances Liddell, researcher, writer, advisor, and lecturer working at the intersection of museum practice and web3 technologies, Manchester, UK
- Marcella Lista, Curator, Head of the New Media Collection, Centre Pompidou, Paris, France
- Tamar Clarke-Brown, Arts Technologies Commission Producer, Serpentine Galleries, London, UK.
Moderated by Alfredo Cramerotti, Director of MOSTYN, Llandudno, UK.
3) Wednesday 31 May. Towards a Healthy Museum.
- Salma Tuqan, Deputy Director at Delfina Foundation and newly appointed Director, Nottingham Contemporary, UK.
- Malgorzata Ludwisiak, Artistic Director, The Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, Poland.
- Kitty Scott, Independent Curator, Ottawa, Canada.
Moderated by Chus Martínez, Director, Institute Art Gender Nature, Basel, Switzerland.
4) Thursday 29 June. Meeting the Outstanding Museum Practices awarded in 2022
- Analía Solomonoff, Director, Museo Provincial de Bellas Artes "Rosa Galisteo de Rodríguez", Santa Fe, Argentina.
- Altaci Corrêa Rubim, nome indígena Tataiya Kokama, Founder and Director, Kokama Museums, Manaus, Brazil.
- Eric Booth, Director, MAIIAM Contemporary Art Museum, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Moderated by Suzanne Cotter, Director, Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, Sydney, Australia.
5) Learning from eco-epistemologies: Overcoming museological symbolism of natural forms (date to be confirmed)
Moderated by Viviana Checchia, Residency Curator at Delfina Foundation, London, UK and Director of Vessel, Puglia, Bari, Italyi and Krisztián Gábor Török Curator at MODEM Centre For Modern and Contemporary Arts, Debrecen, Hungary.
CIMAM 2023 Rapid Response Webinars are made possible with the support from the Getty Foundation through its Connecting Professionals/Sharing Expertise initiative.