Mudam Luxembourg seeks Head of Communication and Engagement
Mudam Luxembourg – Musée d’Art Moderne Grand-Duc Jean is the flagship museum for contemporary art
in Luxembourg. Through its collection, exhibitions, programmes and partnerships, Mudam aims to advance
its mission to collect and present the most relevant contemporary art of our times and to make it accessible
to the broadest possible public.
Mudam is looking for a dynamic individual to fill the role of Head of Communication and Engagement at
an exciting moment in the museum’s history, and to contribute to the successful realisation of the museum’s objectives of increased access, visibility, ownership, and sustainability essential for the achievement of its mission. The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the communications, press, and publishing activities for Mudam and to provide strategic leadership for attracting visitors to the museum through increased visibility of its programmes and activities and an enhanced visitor experience. In particular, they will work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to ensure functioning of the museum at the highest level.
Part of an executive leadership team of 3, the Head of Communication and Engagement reports to the Museum Director and oversees a team of 7.
The Head of Communication and Engagement is expected to provide strategic direction and leadership to the various services under their responsibility and to ensuring effective coordination and implementation of all related activities.
Principle responsabilities include:
- Definition and implementation of Mudam’s strategy for communication, press, publishing and public relations;
- Define and lead on strategies of evaluation of visitor profiles for Mudam and its activities;
- Develop membership and identify strategic partnerships nationally and internationally to encourage greater
visibility and awareness of Mudam;
- Define annual objectives with respect to allocated budgets and identify sources of revenue to support new
initiatives associated with objectives;
- Lead on the development and successful implementation of internal communication for the museum;
- Prepare presentations on Mudam and its activities for the director and Board of the Museum, and externally;
- Represent Mudam to partners, other institutions, and government bodies as requested;
- Contribute to the executive leadership team of Mudam to ensure objectives are attained and the museum’s
- Educated to MA level in communication management and/or marketing;
- Proven track record and between 7 to 10 years’ experience with strong leadership, communication and
- Excellent knowledge of national and international networks in communication, press, marketing and public
- Strategic thinker with experience of leading projects and developing imaginative solutions;
- Collaborative and cohesive management style with the capacity to motivate and develop team members;
- Fluent in French, English and German. Luxembourgish is an advantage.
Persons wishing to apply are asked to send a CV and cover letter with the reference Mudam COMM/DEV
to Frédéric Maraud, Head of Human Resources for Mudam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 19 June, 2019.
First interviews will be held at the end of June, 2019.