Kunsthaus Zürich seeks new Director
The Kunsthaus Zürich is one of the most distinguished museums in Europe. With the opening of the extension by David Chipperfield in 2021, the Kunsthaus will become the largest art institution in Switzerland, strengthening Zurich as an attractive place among the world’s great capitals. But there is more: The highly dynamic Kunsthaus will also become a vibrant public space, fostering a culture of dialogue.
We are now looking for a new Director Kunsthaus Zürich (100%)
If you are a charismatic person with excellent leadership skills and a proven international track record in leading inspiring art programs, we look forward to hearing from you. You understand classical modernism and more generally art from the 19th to the 21st centuries, actively endorse contemporary art, are financially literate and enthusiastic to establish the Kunsthaus as a hub of creative engagement – let’s get in touch. German and English are prerequisites as well as experience in fundraising and excellent communication skills.
In summary, the new Director will be responsible for:
- Developing a compelling vision and future-oriented strategy for the Kunsthaus Zürich
- Strongly embedding Kunsthaus Zürich in its local community
- Positioning the institution as a leading museum internationally
- Providing effective and motivational leadership, fostering team spirit
- Actively engaging with a multitude of stakeholders and renowned institutions worldwide
- Delivering inspiring cross-disciplinary, cultural experiences
- Nurturing a welcoming culture, attracting and engaging with a broad and diverse group of visitors
- Establishing a quality learning experience and employing an exciting digital strategy
- Managing finances and operations of the institution
- Developing powerful marketing strategies and leading fund-raising activities
If you are interested to learn more about this unique opportunity, please get in touch with Liz Amos of Liz Amos Associates at liz.amos [at] lizamosassociates.com or T +44 (0)203 004 4702.
Auditorium at Kunsthaus Zurich