Kunsthalle Bern is seeking a new Director
Kunsthalle Bern is an internationally-renowned venue for encountering contemporary art. Since 1918, its exhibitions have been sites for presenting, testing, and discussing contemporary artistic positions. Starting on April 1, 2022, the Board of the Kunsthalle Bern is seeking to recruit a Director of the Kunsthalle Bern 100%. Applications by collectives are also welcomed.
In this high-profile position, you will be responsible for the artistic direction and overall management of the Kunsthalle Bern. A small, highly motivated team will be on hand to assist you.
We seek a candidate with:
- Outstanding knowledge of contemporary art and a good international network.
- A number of years’ experience working with artists, organising and curating exhibitions.
- Experience in bringing art to local, national and international audiences through exhibitions, publications and events.
- Proven management and social skills, dependability and the ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to acquire and manage relationships with sponsors and financial backers, as well as secure their long-term commitment to the institution.
- Ability to develop and maintain a local, national and international network.
- The working languages are German and English; a knowledge of French is preferred but not essential.
Applications including a letter of motivation (max 2 pages), concept / ideas sketch (max 2 pages) and CV can be uploaded until January 31, 2021 to the selection committee of the Kunsthalle Bern here
Position begins: April 1, 2022
For further questions, please check our website http://www.kunsthalle-bern.ch/en/jobs