Head of Department & Curator, Singapore Biennale and Residencies
SAM has set up a Biennale Office to assist in delivering its new curatorial direction. This office will undertake the organisation of the Singapore Biennale as well as other international projects, including an artist and curator residency programme, to position SAM as an important contributor to the global discourses of contemporary art. This position is part of the auspices of International Partnerships (IP) in the Singapore Art Museum (SAM). IP plans and coordinates the organisation’s international engagement efforts with the global arts community.
The scope of this position will cover artists’ projects, production & programmes related mainly to the Singapore Biennale and the residency programme. This position will also report to the Director of Curatorial, Collections and Programmes for curatorial projects, particularly those of large-scale commission projects.
- Develop the framework and format for the Singapore Biennale and Residency programme
- Project manage and deliver to expectations the Singapore Biennale and Residencies, working across teams within the museum and with external partners, in close partnership with the National Arts Council/MCCY
- Develop and deliver programmes across audience segments for the Singapore Biennale and Residencies
- Assist in international projects, where applicable
- Establish a framework to commission large-scale projects in Singapore
- Mentor and supervise junior curatorial colleagues in the planning and execution of exhibitions and programmes, as well as professional development.
- Handle ad-hoc assignments as and when required.
- A degree in humanities, arts management / history, fine arts or any related field and/or extensive experience in the contemporary art sector
- At least 12 years of working experience including a minimum of 3 years in a senior position in an art institution
- Management experience in overseeing realisation of large-scale exhibitions and commissions, publications and public programmes, including budget planning, monitoring and implementation
- Excellent communications, writing and organisational skills with demonstrated ability to work across multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership skills with network of professional contacts internationally
- Experience in managing teams of staff and works well in collaborative and team environment
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Career Level: Senior Manager
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Years of Experience: 12 years
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Specializations: Arts/Media/Communications, Arts/Creative Design