CIMAM’s Museum Watch: What We Do and Why We Do it
Thursday 27 May 2021, 12:00 am IST (Irish Standard Time).
Click here to register
CIMAM’s Museum Watch Committee: What We Do and Why We Do it
Following an extraordinary year in which all museums have faced unprecedented challenges, the need for an active voice advocating for transparent, fair, and accountable governance of museums as essential civic spaces is needed now more than ever. Museum Watch Committee provides a voice for our CIMAM Members in crisis by highlighting critical issues and generating debate and shared reflection on the key issues affecting museums today.
The Museum Watch Committee would like to invite CIMAM members to join them in a discussion on some of the most recent work undertaken by the CIMAM committee and a consideration of the role that the Committee can play in supporting the work of our community of contemporary art museum professionals.
Moderated by Sarah Glennie, panelists representing the Museum Watch working group will be Bart de Baere, Calin Dan, and Victoria Noorthoorn.
The 2020–2022 Museum Watch Committee consists of six board members of CIMAM:
- Bart de Baere, Director, M HKA — Museum van Hedendaagse Kunst Antwerpen, Antwerpen, Belgium
- Calin Dan, General Director, MNAC Bucharest, National Museum of Contemporary Art, Bucharest, Romania
- Sarah Glennie, Director, National College of Art and Design, Dublin, Ireland
- Malgorzata Ludwisiak, Independent Art Critic, Curator, Ph.D, Warsaw, Poland
- Victoria Noorthoorn, Director, Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Argentina
- Eugene Tan, Director, National Gallery Singapore and The Singapore Art Museum, Singapore
Join this session by registering here.
- Dublin 12:00 hrs. IST (Irish Standard Time)
- Amsterdam 13:00 hrs. CEST (Central European Summer Time)
- Bucharest 14:00 hrs. EEST (Eastern European Summer Time)
- Singapore 19:00 hrs. SGT (Singapore Time)
- Buenos Aires 8:00 am ART (Argentina Time)
Rapid Response Webinars are free of cost for CIMAM members.
Non-Members can attend paying 10,00€ that will be deducted from their membership fee if they join CIMAM in the next 3 months.
This session will be recorded and posted at CIMAM’s Only Members section. We may use still images of the recording for CIMAM’s promotional purposes. If you’d rather not appear on that snapshot, please let us know in advance.