About Rapid Response Webinars
Started in May 2020, following the serious crisis caused by COVID-19, CIMAM has taken the new virtual scenario as an opportunity to launch a series of online activities exclusively for our community to, now more than ever, reinforce the sense of connectivity through online meetings in a peer to peer environment to share, learn, and be inspired by the experiences of other CIMAM professionals.
Rapid Response Webinars allow CIMAM members to continue discussing the most urgent concerns and questions affecting the modern and contemporary art museum community at this time. This initiative responds to CIMAM’s spirit and commitment to be a platform for global discussion, a space for sharing and connecting, for learning, and encouraging cooperation.
Rapid Response Webinars are free of cost for CIMAM members. Non-Members can attend paying 10,00€ that will be deducted from their membership fee if they join CIMAM in the next 3 months.
Sessions are recorded and posted at the Members Only section of the CIMAM website for those who missed the time.
For 2021, we have prepared a series of online sessions that will take place, nearly every month of the year, starting in March:
- Thursday 25 March: Workshop about Sustainability and Ecology in Museum Practice.
- Thursday 29 April: Roundtable with András Szántó, Author of the book The Future of the Museum: 28 Dialogues.
- Thursday 13 May: Workshop with the National Coalition Against Censorship (NCAC).
- Thursday 27 May: Webinar hosted by the Museum Watch Committee about Governance.
- Thursday 2 September: Webinar hosted by CIMAM Conference Contents Committee: Museums in Eastern Europe Under Pressure?
- Thursday 30 September: Webinar hosted by the CIMAM working group on Sustainability and Ecology in Museum Practice.
- Thursday 21 October.
More webinars are to be announced soon.