Journalism Fellowship for Curators
Editorial / Hyperallergic, North 11th Street, Brooklyn, NY, USA / Contract
Submit your application here.
Hyperallergic is seeking a curator to join their editorial team for a six-month writing fellowship to help expand discussions about the social and cultural impact of the curator.
The Journalism Fellow will engage with thought leaders in the field of curation, arranging interviews, reviewing relevant projects, and keeping track of new developments while producing articles of interest to a general public. This 6-month fellowship is ideal for curators looking to develop and extend their writing practice beyond galleries and museums.
During the course of this fellowship, we aim to identify and share the unique perspectives, processes, and roles that curation plays in the arts.
This fellowship for curators is supported by a generous grant from the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional correspondence with publisher, editors, writers, art professionals, and readers
- Attend daily editorial meetings, as requested, to pitch ideas and integrate feedback
- Research images for use in articles and on social media platforms
- Review catalogues, exhibitions, panels, and other events of interest in the curatorial field
- Compile lists of relevant resources to help plan coverage
- Conduct interviews for the Hyperallergic archive, and possibly create podcasts from the material
- Fact-check relevant points to ensure the accuracy of published material
- Attend relevant art and culture events as a representative of Hyperallergic
- Strong online writing skills
- Understanding of internet culture
- Photography skills are an asset
- Video or audio editing skills are an asset
- Fluency in other languages, particularly Spanish, is an asset
Please include a cover letter that includes specific reasons why you'd like to work at Hyperallergic and outlines previous experiences working in art, culture, writing, or journalism.
To submit a pitch as a freelance contributor, please visit: hyperallergic.com/how-to-pitch/