Mophradat seeks to recruit a Head of Development for International Projects
Head of Development for International Projects
- Location: Brussels
- Basis: Part-time
- Start date: September (negotiable)
- Salary: Competitive
- Apply: Please send cover letter describing your relevant experience, CV, and contacts of two referees by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by 30 August, 2019.
Mophradat is looking for a collaborator to design and develop a unique business model and support it with strategic fundraising plans and efforts in support of establishing its ambitious new arts initiative in Athens, Greece. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a pioneering & meaningful new project with far-reaching relevance and impact.
- Design a creative business model for Mophradat’s new Athens-based initiative.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit donors including individuals, foundations, etc.
- Lead on short- and long-range planning of activities to create and implement fundraising goals and
- Coordinate day-to-day development strategies to ensure their integration into Mophradat’s overall programs
- Research, write, edit, and oversee the preparation of persuasive and accurate, proposals, case statements,
reports, correspondence, and other developmentrelated materials in support of fundraising in coordination
with the director.
- Educated at minimum MBA or similar relevant graduate degree.
- Eight- to ten-year work experience in business development field with demonstrable examples of prior
projects and businesses developed.
- Successful fundraising track record in securing major grants and gifts from individuals, corporations,
foundations, and other private funding sources.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing long- and short-range development initiatives in
conjunction with strategic planning processes.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities.
- Experience in project management in the non-profit sector, preferably in the arts.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Independent worker, detail-oriented and thrives in a small team environment.
- Availability to travel frequently.
- Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of Greek and/or Arabic an asset.
Founded in Brussels in 2002, Mophradat is the first non-profit organization established by people from the Arab world to serve as a support structure for the independent arts and culture community across the region. It has since evolved into an organization with great expertise of the region and its artistic output, which it translates into inventive programs to strengthen the Arab artistic and intellectual ecology. Mophradat believes a free and independent art scene in the Arab world must be championed and nurtured to be vital and compelling, and able to play an emancipatory role in the Arab world. Mophradat is vocal and active in promoting an inclusive and progressive cultural agenda, promoting an understanding of the Arab world as home to people of diverse ethnicities, gender identities, religions, ideologies, and languages.