Moma is in search of an Exhibition Manager
- Serves as an exhibition manager for exhibitions, collection rotations and display changes, performances, and collaborations within the context of The Museum of Modern Art’s robust exhibition program, overseeing and implementing all aspects of the planning process.
• Prepares and administers exhibition timelines, guiding the planning process simultaneously for several exhibitions at various stages of development.
• Drafts and negotiates legal agreements (lender loan agreements forms, artist agreements, waivers, and other contracts) in consultation with the associate director of EP&A and general counsel.
• Prepares and manages exhibition budgets.
• Completes applications for US Government Indemnity and Federal Immunity from Judicial Seizure.
• Works with director and associate director of EP&A, and with Exhibition managers in handling insurance specific to exhibitions he/she is coordinating.
• Administers and manages touring exhibitions, co-organized exhibitions, content licensing, and other collaborations.
• Provides strategic analysis as needed.
• Convenes meetings, sends out meeting notes, and follows through on next steps.
• Is responsible for other aspects of project stewardship.
• May supervise seasonal intern.
• Performs any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in arts administration, museum studies, or art history preferred. Interest in and knowledge of 20th and 21st-century art is essential.
• Five to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in exhibition project management, preferably in an arts, culture, and/or nonprofit environment
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to efficiently manage several exhibitions and projects simultaneously
• Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Proven diplomatic problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to form and maintain successful working relationships with museum staff, artists, lenders, tour venues, and other external contacts
• Proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office, TMS, and other standard office procedures and equipment
Reports to: Associate Director, Exhibition Planning and Administration
Further information under: https://recruiting.ultipro.com