Job Opportunity: Head (Donor Relations)
National Gallery Singapore is seeking a resourceful candidate with significant fundraising experience to cultivate and solicit major gifts from prospective corporate and high net worth donors to contribute towards long term financial sustainability of the Gallery. Reporting to the Director of Partnership Development, the candidate will work closely with colleagues across divisions and product champions within Partnership Development to build a trusting and long-term relationship with prospective donors and to achieve the vision of the Gallery to be a progressive art museum that fosters and inspires a thoughtful, creative and inclusive society. The candidate will be highly self-motivated. He/She will develop and manage a portfolio of prospective individual, corporate or foundation donors to generate and acquire a consistent gift pipeline. He/She will work with the donors and prospects to align their philanthropic motivation with key initiatives of the Gallery in the area of collection, exhibition, education, community program and curatorial research. He/She is expected to achieve individual fundraising goals from a portfolio of prospective donors.
Working individually, with the team or in a project group, the ideal candidate will:
- Devise strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gift prospects.
• Engage, cultivate and solicit major gifts from a portfolio of prospective donors which includes high net worth individuals, corporations and foundations; initiating and strengthening relationships with these donors.
• Customise different fundraising approaches for different prospective donors that best aligns their philanthropic interests with the relevant causes at the Gallery.
• Work independently and collaboratively with donors and prospects through all stages of development (identify, research, qualify, cultivate, solicit, steward).
This includes the following:
- Serve as a primary contact point for prospective donors.
- Write articulate and compelling proposals to attract prospective donors to give to various philanthropic causes at the Gallery.
- Engage prospective donors through meaningful activities to deepen their relationship with the Gallery’s curators, programmers, educators, artists and the collector community amongst others.
- Prepare briefing materials, donor correspondence, and other donor communications to support donor discussions; reinforcing relationships and ensure donor awareness of their support.
- Productively utilize available platforms such donor events, special exhibition viewing, artist talks and symposium to engage prospective donors with the philanthropic causes at the Gallery.
- Work closely with the donor stewardship team to be up-to-date on the fulfilment of received gifts.
• At least 15 years of work experience.
• Strategic mindset with proven ability to cultivate corporate and high networth donors and manage complex opportunities that involve multiple stakeholders.
• High energy, outgoing and positive with ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
• Has a goal-oriented focus with a commitment towards achieving results.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a group and individual setting.
• Experience in and knowledge of fundraising, specifically securing large gift, is an advantage.
• Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
• Candidate must have a high level of computer literacy, including experience using online databases and other sources to locate financial and philanthropic information.