Kunsthalle Osnabrück is looking for a new Director
On July 1st 2019 Julia Draganovic will take the lead of the German Academy in Rom – Villa Massimo.
We are getting prepared for a change and are looking for a new Director of Kunsthalle Osnabrück!
Osnabrück stands for: an open, socially-minded, versatile, close to nature, surprising, down-to-earth, attractive, clearly structured, growing - in short - a quality of life at first glance and also at a second glance. Nearly 170,000 inhabitants feel at home here and as part of a city that makes them happy.
We, as employer, focus on diversity and reliability, good relationships amongst the colleagues and also on a work-family balance. We are proud to say: ‘We work for the City‘ - and look forward to welcome you as our new colleague.
We are looking for:
Direction/Professional Service for the Kunsthalle Osnabrück (m/f/d)
in the Department of Culture
The Kunsthalle Osnabrück is the exhibition location for contemporary art in the ‘Friedensstadt Osnabrück’. Contemporary art is presented in changing exhibitions with national and international flair in the gothic church interior that benefits from natural daylight, in the adjacent cloister as well as in an extension with two nineteen meter long glass fronts built in the 1970’s. The historic nave has been used as a location for site-specific productions during the past five years. Kunsthalle Osnabrück falls under the responsibility of the Department of Culture of the City of Osnabrück. The Kunsthalle is supported by the association ‘Freunde der Kunsthalle Osnabrück e.V.’
The position at a glance:
Job Description: It is a full-time occupation with 39 working hours per week. It will be your decision how you divide your working time between the requirements for exhibitions, events and management.
This position can also be filled with part-time employees provided the working hours are fully accounted for and complement each other.
Fixed term contract: The position as a direction is fixed for four years (§ 32 TVöD [Tariff contract for the public services]). There is a possibility to extend the contract.
Start of Employment: at the next possible date
Remuneration: The position is currently rated according to EG 13 TVöD (Remuneration table 13 TVöD).
Application Period ends: May 10, 2019
- In your position as curator you develop an appealing and innovative exhibition concept and programming that will captivate everyone in the region and beyond. A fixed part of the program of exhibitions is the annually held European Media Art Festival in April that is developed under the responsibility of the Experimentalfilm Workshop e.V.
- As organiser you will be responsible for the Kunsthalle, the Art in Public Space and the Artothek.
- In your function as a networker you will also maintain national and international contacts with exhibition locations, curators, galleries, sponsors and build up a relevant regional network.
- As someone who wants to share his/her enthusiasm for art with as many people as possible and of any background, you will develop extraordinary offers to increase the number of visitors.
- As a strategically acting person you will analyse visitors’ behaviours in correlation to the contents of exhibitions and budgets and compare this with your educational mission.
- As Head of the Kunsthalle you are responsible for coordinating and controlling the distribution of the budget for planning events as well as for planning and leading the personnel.
- You will have completed a study course at a university in the subject of History of Art, Cultural Studies, Cultural Management or another completed study course at a university with a focus on cultural issues. You will also have worked several years in an exhibition centre for contemporary art in a scientific/curatorial function or at least curated exhibitions in relevant institutions.
We furthermore expect:
- You have excellent knowledge of written and spoken German.
- Extensive knowledge on current developments of contemporary art.
- You will have gained experience in exhibition management, development of concepts and the thus connected controlling of processes.
- You are familiar with fundraising strategies.
- You can provide knowledge and experiences in the sector of public relations and marketing.
- Show an apparent commitment for cultural education.
- Important personality features are competence in leading, a great ability to communicate and cooperate, show initiative and innovation capabilities, work target- and result orientated in connection with being competent in structuring and planning as well as having good organisation - and negotiating skills, strategic thinking and acting.
- Over the past few years, the Osnabrück Kunstalle has become known as an international location for contemporary art. You will have the opportunity to continue this development with your own ideas – taking the facilities into consideration.
- You will head a very committed team.
- Diverse professional tasks in a collegial atmosphere
- Ambitious activities in local and national networks
- Reliable working conditions and a work place to be designed according to your wishes
- Individual work place models and an agreement on working hours to suit the demands of personal life
- An acknowledged development of personnel with attractive opportunities for further training as well as an extensive health management
Learn more about the City of Osnabrück as an employer under www.bei-der-stadt.de.
You will also find further information on the City of Osnabrück under www.osnabrueck.de.
Contact Partner / Contact:
Patricia Mersinger, Head of the Cultural Department, will be pleased to answer your questions about the field of duty; Telephone: +49-541 323-4431.
You can ask Ute Zimmerer, Department of Human Resources and Organisation, who will be pleased to answer your questions on the application procedure. She is available under the telephone no.: +49-541 323-2154.
We have aroused your interest?
In this case, please mark your application with the identification number 417.2.017 and send it to
Fachbereich Personal und Organisation
Postfach 44 60
or via email to Bewerbungfirstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: kunsthalle.osnabrueck.de